LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mother of a girl   02 October 2017

Mother of girl child needs guidance

I have been married to my husband for the past 3.5 years and have a girl baby . she is 2.5 yrs old now . Ours was an arranged married , from the beginning my husband has never showed any love or care towards me nor our baby . Not even during my pregnancy days . He has married me just for the sake of the dowry my parents were ready to give and till now my parents take care of me and my baby even financially . When ever i ask him to take the responsibility of the family or even of our baby he makes a fight and runs off to his sister in law's house on his mother's orders . Till now his mother is getting all his income and not allowing us both to live happily . Now my mother in law is demanding a buy new house from my parents and she is asking for 10 lakhs of rupees for her son to run the family expenditure that would be incured in the new house . as of now my husband is living away in his brother's house on the orders of his mother . She has said that she will not send her son until they get the house or atleast the cash they are demanding . Pls note: we live in chennai and also his brother and sister in law , about a travel distance of 2 hours . While his mother lives in our native village near kanyakumari , with her daughter and son in law and their son in law's house . We gave all the dowry they demanded even during marriage also , which asked saying it was a custom and ritual etc . Please help as i don't want my baby to grow without a father but i want to be even saved from these wolves .. I am struck up in this situation and don't know how to handle this situation without harming my baby's future . i have lost trust in my husband as this is the 6 th time he has ran off when asked to support the family financially. Please help me .

Learning

4 Replies

manoj   02 October 2017

Hi please call me for your query at cell no 8686159292

Mother of a girl   02 October 2017

At what time will you be free tomorrow sir

Siddharth Srivastava (Advocate)     02 October 2017

You are not required to beg. You have every right to live with all dignities. I noticed that you and your family succumbed to the illegal demands of husband and his mother. Stop accepting such unjustified demand of husband and his mother and refuse them in clear words. Gather courage to deal with such people. Your husband is bound to maintain you and child and if required petition u/s.125 cr. P. C. If your husband demand dowry or treat you with cruelty the call the police and put them behind bar. Consult a good lawyer with all details. Remember that law helps to those only who stand for their rights. So go ahead.

Adv Radhika Mehta (Advocate)     03 October 2017

I can understand that it is a very difficult situation for you presently but i would request you to consider the plight of your parents' who are time and again expected to bear such dowry demands just so that you get time with your spineless husband.  As harsh as my words may sound right now, your husband will always be too busy dancing to the tune of his family members to be a good father to your daughter or even a good husband to you.   Its not just your life which you are spoiling but even your aged parents' and your daughters'. I would advise you to file either for maintenance for yourself and your daughter or to file for Divorce and maintenance. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register