Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anand Garage   01 October 2024

My brother-in-law is demanding dowry even after 12 years of marriage

Hi,

I am 38 year old software engineer from Bengaluru.My sister was married in 2012  and during the bridal gaze my brother-in-law was humble and he mentioned that he is not interested in dowry. But after marriage he demand us to give gold and home appliances along with house rent and advance in Bengaluru . We have provided everything to him since he is harrasing my sister. In 2013 my sister was blessed with a baby boy and we only bear all the expenses including surgery and taking care of kid till reaches 4 years. During the school admission also he demanded us to pay the school admission fee along with the donation again we agreed to pay that. Everytime he is harrasing my mom,me and my sister and demanding us to give some money by fabricating some stories and if we refuse to pay he threatned us that he will meet lawyer and apply for divorce. He was infected with covid and was in critical condition in 2021 and we have paid all the hospital expenses which was around 10 lakhs. For few months he acted like good person and again demanded 4 wheeler and house after few years. He is sending warning messages to me and mom to give him 1.6 lakhs and started abusing us. We already half acre land to him and still he is demanding money from us. I am unable to focus on my work and personal because of his harrasment and my sister is also supporting him now a days. We assume that he blackmailed her.

I was in depression since I almost spent money on my sister's family expenses since my brother-in-law harassing us and I am left with no savings in my account for marriage.

Could you please help me with some suggestion.

Regards

Anand

Learning

1 Replies

H.JanakiManohar Rao (lawyer)     01 October 2024

Take a policeman or your friends help and tell them that he is blackmailing your mom and you.If continues he would face serious consequences.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register