Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rao from AP (Private Service)     21 June 2014

My mothers land and my house

Hi,

We are two sons and two daughters. My father expired four years back. My mother has a house on her name. She bought that house 7-8 years back with her own money. We all partitioned and mother is living alone in her house. The house was not registered but written on the stamp papers.

I want to build a new house for my mother. I am concerned of litigation from brother in future for a share in the property as that is originally my mothers property. She is asking me to get the property written on my name and build the house. What legal precautions I should take to get that house transfered on my name and avaod any legal issues in future as I am going to build a house there.

Thanks and Regards

Subbu

Learning

1 Replies

Adv Akhtar Ali Sheikh (Property Law Consultant)     11 October 2014

There is a problem for you. (since the house purchase agreement was not registered).

Find out in whose name the land is recorded in records of rights/property card / 7/12 etc (something of similar import will be there in your state).

Approach the landlord negotiate with him enter into a new conveyance register it. That is the most that can be done.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register