LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Max Jackson   05 September 2024

Ngo not paying dues but asking money for unserved notice period

I worked at an NGO for 2 months, with 3 months being mentioned as probation in the Offer Letter. I am not a permanent employee. Offer Letter only mentions that I have to serve 1 month notice if i resign or pay 1 months salary in liue of. It does not mention their termination clause, or how much severance/notice they have to give if they terminate. Offer letter also mentions that they will cover all travel expenses, which they did not do in my last payment. Hence i resigned. But now they are enforcing notice period clause without paying my dues. I dont think i should serve notice period or trsvel any more because they might not pay any reimbursements again. What should i do?

Learning

3 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     05 September 2024

You can issue a legal notice and demand your dues but you should be aware that as per your acceptance of the employment offer letter you are supposed to serve the notice period or pay compensation in lieu of the notice period, you cannot skip that process for any reason.

Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate )     06 September 2024

Show the offer letter accepted by you to a local lawyer for analyses of facts and professional advise.

Facts posted are not clear.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register