Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

satish kumar (owner)     12 June 2012

Non payment of contract retainership fee

Dear All

I  recently serverd a bank as a consultant in Oct 11.on banking matters on full time basis against a employment contract for 12 months which was terminable on one months notice from either side.The bills were raised on monthly basis , and were settled till January 12 without delay , ie with in 7 days from the raising of the same.

After serving for 5 months or so , I terminated the contract giving one months notice, and returned the assets like laptop, mobile phone, keys of the drawer and was releived  in april 12.

However post retirement the bank has not settled my reimbursement claims which are against bills to be raised by me . thus payment from 1.2.12 to 6.4.12 has not been settled . As per the contract the bills are to be paid with in 7 days from the date of the bills and recieved by them.

I have raised the bills with branch who have forwarded it to HR in gurgaon, and HR has forwarded it to HO for approval. I am talking to HR, who say they have raised it to MD for approval and payment . however for reasons unknown to me , the bills are not approved for payment . Now the matter is over 3 months delayed and I continue reminding by mail the HR for payment in the matter 

I need guidance whether , I should send a lawyers notice to whom-- Branch /HR/ HO  or I should seek RBI intervention for payment . Could I go to Consumer Court .. for a redressal there , or I have to go to civil court for getting my legible salary /fee reimbursement of the dues, for which claim is raised .

Pls guide ..

Learning

1 Replies

V. VASUDEVAN (LEGAL COUNSEL)     12 June 2012

Is the retainership was issued as a fixed term contract or as consultant assignment/agreement. Quick remedy will be to lodge a complaint directly with the Managing Director of the Bank, explaining the summary of issues and deliver the same by speed post with POD.

Vasudevan

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register