Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sana   24 February 2024

Non updation of ncp days after death - epf

Hello. 

My mother was working in a school in Gujarat, and passed away in December 2021. Her EPF case has been on going since two years, as she passed away on the job. After furnishing the documents and going back and forth with everything, now things are all sorted except the EPF NCP days, as she was hospitalized for 3 months before her death and did not work.  

The EPF office requires that the NCP days be updated in the system, whereas the Guy who works for the institution's EPF thing, says that he cannot update them after the person has passed. (He is also notorious for not doing work, and lying, if that matters). We contacted the EPF office, and the officer says that he cannot do anything until the NCP days are updated in the system, as the system will not move further without the NCP days being updated. 

If the NCP days are not updated, we will lose the pension and insurance.  We approached the school where she worked, but this guy is a known person of the trustees, and nobody is answering us anything. 

The EPF officer is nice and cooperative, but it seems that he cannot genuinely do anything until the system allows him to, which will be only after the NCP days have been updated. 

Place: Bhavnagar, Gujarat. 

Please guide me about what is my recourse in this. 

Thank you so much! 

Learning

1 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     24 February 2024

You may have to resort to legal action by first sendig a legal notice to the school authorities through a lawyer demanding the required details that should be uploaded in the system.

If no response then you can approach high court with a writ petition

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register