Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

NRI divorce

Hi,

I need assistance with my situation.

I am living in US and I havenot had any communication with my wife/kids for more than five years now.  Before that I tried to bring her to US but she refused and stayed in India (with kids) for several years.  I have been harassed (including my mother and siblings) and spent lot of time / money and efforts to pursue her but to no avail.

Can you please guide me how to do I proceed with my case in the US?   Under what clauses should I file the case to get proper divorce in US so that it will be difficult for her to challenge in Indian courts? 

Or, should I send her a notice of restitution of conjugal rights and then proceed with divorce if she does not respond?

Thank you for all  your help!

Srini

Learning

2 Replies

j.balaji (advocate)     15 January 2011

you have yo apply for divorce in India.US court's divorce decree  has no validity in India.

(Guest)

Hello Mr.Balaji,

I have read in several forums, including on this website, that I should be able to file a divorce with the provisions of section 13 of Cr PC. 

Can you please elaborate?  I am trying to engage an Attorney from India so that I do not make mistake in my case and end up with fighting legal battles.  Your guidance will be highly appreciated.

Thank  you!

Srini

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register