Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Manuj (Associate)     29 October 2012

Passport for my minor daughter

Dear Advisors,

I am in the process of applying for a new passport for my 4 year old daughter. I have an NRI status (my wife is resident in India) , but am presently in India for 3 months while my new work permit is being processed. 

While my family was not with me during my last stint abroad, I plan to relocate them this time. 

My question is this: Do I need to submit document (code:8031, Annexure H) along with my application? If so, how does this work given my unique case.

Document Code 8031: A sworn affidavit by the parent(s) resident abroad attested by the Indian Mission along with affidavit from parent residing in India as well (as per Annexure 'H')

Annexure H: https://passport.gov.in/cpv/ANNEXUREH_minor.htm

Thank you for your valuable inputs.

Best regards,

Manuj

Learning

2 Replies

NATARAJAN SRINIVASAN (SELF-EMPLOYED)     29 October 2012

Dear Manuj

Good decision to relocate your family and living together in abroad.  Yes. You have to get a sworn affidavit from the indian embassy or consulate where you reside and send across the same to your wife.  She has to apply  Passport for your 4 years old daughter together with your supplied affidavit.  The reason is express the willingness of  parents. 

Alternatively, if you are living in india and applying the passport for your daughter,  there is no need of affidavit.

All the best.

Manuj (Associate)     29 October 2012

Dear Natarajan

Thank you for replying. The reason I asked the question was that I am presently in India, being between jobs (that is, regardless of having an NRI status).

In this case, does the alternte scenario you have described, hold true.

Thanks for clarifying.

Best regards,

Manuj

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register