Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Gangaputra (None)     05 January 2012

Possible property dispute

dear sir

My married daughter living with her husband,father inlaw, mother in law.

she has one married sister inlaw. My daughter's sister in law is rich and have bunglow of her own.

one year back ,she has purchases very next flat to where my daughter etc lives.They [with her husband] move to this flat and by hook and crook

she has made a door between two flat, so there is easy asses between the flats. 

Her father in law and mother in law totaly in side of their daughter.

this sister in law and her children etc making a total nusense in the both flat.

Property where my dughter lives is Joint propert ,Her father in law and her husband.

Now ? is ,

If father in law passes away , what will be status of property, as their daughter is out there to get the 50%

or more of the property. she openly ask for. share certificate's are in  fathre in law's name.

what portion of property her fathere in law can give to her daughter , as I understand that being joint proprty

he can give only out of his share. My son in law is very intelegent and loving, but he does not want to hurt

feeling of the parents at large. Propert is worth more then one crore.

My intrest is to  stop this nusance and harrashment from sister in law.

gangaputra

Learning

2 Replies

Sanjeev (Lawyer)     05 January 2012

Though I feel the possible dispute that you are thinking that may arise in future is just your incorrect assessment of the situation and would never arise. The reason for opening a door and living near her parents would be the affection for her parents and the reason to live with them. As you said she is rich and well settled.

On the rights of the daughter If her father holds the property jointly still the daughter will have a right on the property if her father does not will the property.

These things do come in minds of parents of daughter to protect the interests of their daughter but you cant undermine that their daughter is also bound to have affection and love for her parents.

V R SHROFF (Sr. ADVOCATE Bombay High Court Mob: 9892432152)     24 November 2012

you can safegurad from  this nusance and harrashment from sister in law, with few documentation. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register