LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Jitheeshkumar (project engineer)     29 October 2013

Power of attorney

I booked one under construction apartment in Chennai. And the builder has the rights for power of attorney for the land.

I noticed that typographical error in survey no on the immediate mother document, but the patta no is correct.

The old mother documents all are perfect. What will happen for the power of attorney if the mother document rectified

Learning

2 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Telangana state Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     29 October 2013

The power of attorney construed strictly and in such manner as to see that the donee does not exceed the powers conferred upon him. But no way concern with the typograph mistakes of original mother document.

Adv Akhtar Ali Sheikh (Property Law Consultant)     29 October 2013

Risky to purchase from such person if he does not have any other right by way of registered deed like development agreement or conveyance.

Power of Attorney can be revoked, or if the Donor i.e. the giver of power dies the power too ceases.

so be careful. moreover on power of attorney alone the local bodies do not permit construction or development of property

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register