Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Citizen Kane (manager)     22 April 2018

Property heir

My cousin brother was supporting his parents from beginning as his father was never steadily employed. My brother studied hard and started a small business and has been supporting his parents with it. He has a sister who is 58 who lives elsehwere. He is 60+ years old. He lives on the first floor of his mother's house with his family.  The proeprty was bought by his father and registered in his wife's name. The mother has willed the property to my cousin brother and his sister on a 50% each basis. His mom is 80 years old. Now my cousin brother is very sick and doctors do not give him long to live. After his death, will the property go to his sister in entirety? Can he do anything to ensure his family will not be kicked out as they most certainly will by his sister. They are South Indian Catholic Christians and live in Bangalore. Any property lawyers here, please advice. 

Learning

2 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     22 April 2018

THE INDIAN SUCCESSION ACT, 1925

2. Definitions. (d) "Indian Christian" means a native of India who is, or in good faith claims to be, of unmixed Asiatic descent and who professes any form of the Christian religion;

CHAPTER II Rules in cases of Intestates other than Parsis

https://districtcourtsnamchi.nic.in/laws/indian_succession_act_1925.pdf

Kumar Doab (FIN)     22 April 2018

The title holder is still alive.

WILL appears after death of ownwere/testator.

Discuss in person with a very able senior LOCAL counsel of unshakable repute and integrity specializing in civil matters and well versed with succession rules/laws of your community and having successful track record ….. and worth his/her salt … and show all documents towards points posted by you for a considered opinion on matter that is bothering you….

You can also search in search option at;

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/lawyers_search/

Or visit LOCAL courts complex and inquire

Or inquire at LOCAL church and they may guide you

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register