Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

pavan kumar (CS Trainee)     23 June 2024

Recovery of maintenance from defaulters

Can resident welfare association disconnect water for defaulters in bangalore if the water is procured from tankers. Because association is paying money for procuring. My view is that we cannot disconnect water supply as other remedies are available for recovery of maintenance amount. I would be grateful if anyone provides me a citation on the same.

Learning

4 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     23 June 2024

Since the water is being procured from outisde sources, it becomes the responsibility of the users to promptly pay the charges lest the water cannot be procured, hence it is a justified decision to disconnect the supply of water since it is not a municipality supplied water connection, instead of agitating over this petty issue, better cooperate with the society in order to live peacefully in the community 

Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate )     24 June 2024

The association is procuring water through tankers accordingly all residents / consumers / owners / members are liable to pay or get water supply disconnected despite the fact it is basic requirement of user / consumer to get water.

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Telangana state Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     24 June 2024

Water,air etc.are essential for living beings.society has to give notice before disconnection 

P. Venu (Advocate)     28 June 2024

Yes, ue notice needs to be given for disconnection, or rather discontinuation of water supply.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register