Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Tarun Sheth   10 May 2022

Recovery of rental dues

10-5-2022

Dear Sir,

Egyptian consulate had rented my office for quite a long time. But from 2017 onwards he started paying late and from 2020 they never paid until the settlement was done on 10th March 2020, and his demand for discounts was agreed upon. 

The settlement was done and agreed in writing on March 10th, 2021 as follows:

the original dues as of March 2021 end were Rs. 1,02,40,276/- 

The discount demanded by them was             Rs.     7,04,747/-

The net payment payable by them came to be Rs. 95,35,500/- 

Though the amount was agreed upon they demanded a reduction of the deposit we had from them, which was Rs.1,80,390/-. We agreed unwillingly to resolve the issue once and for all. So the net receivables agreed upon was  Rs. 93,55,110/- to be electronically transferred to our bank at par within a week after completion of the lease on 31 March 2021. The amount was converted into US$ at the rate of Rs.73.35 = $1 for the convenience of their counterpart in Egypt for them to transfer the same electronically to our bank in Mumbai, and it came out to be Rs. 93,55,110/-.  

But on 8th April 2021, they paid only 91,95,634/- as per their letter dated 8th April 2021. i.e paid less by Rs. 1,59,476/- Since then we are trying to pursue them by call or by email, but no response from them to date. Since they have refrained from responding and paying up the difference for last more than a year,

I believe it is a breach of settlement understanding as per their own letter of 10th March 2021, Under the circumstance, all discounts offered become null and void, and now they are liable to pay the original dues as of March 2021 end were Rs. 1,02,40,276/-, it Rs. 10,44,642/-, plus interest at the rate of 21% compounding month on month, plus harassment and mental tension caused to me, plus the fees of the law firm or Lawyer and all other legal expenses. 

I would appreciate guidance on how I go about, it and if there is any law firm willing to take up this matter on a contingency fee basis. They can charge a percentage of the total recovery amount and let me know if this matter can e fought in a foreign country's court in US or UK or any other country where we get quick justice, and if so, how?

Your early guidance will be highly appreciated.

Thanking You

Tarun Sheth  

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register