Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

NehaAgarwal (SE)     23 February 2012

Regarding final settlement

I have joined a company Geometric.
 But then due to family reasons , after 5-6 days I have to go home..then after one week I have come to office and given formal hand written resignation to the company HR.

At that time they told me , u have to serve the notice period or pay the salary. I told them , as I have not yet productive or not started work just in 5 days , so there is no need to pay salary.

Actually,I have signed the offer letter and joining letter, where notice period clause was mentioned.

Now after around 40 days, I got a mail stating that I have to pay final settlement of 30K by DD with the name Geometric globals.

I have not taken any salary from this company.

Please let me know , now what I can do?
I am not able to pay . What  worst can happen? and how to deal with that situation?

Please reply , its urgernt.

Learning

10 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     23 February 2012

Has the company issued any appointment letter and have you given acceptance on copy of appointment letter?

Company at the most issue notice/legal notice or proceed to recover notice pay.

Usually companies do not go beyond issuing email/letter.

NehaAgarwal (SE)     23 February 2012

Thanks for the reply.

Yes,

During the induction,,I have signed the joining and appointment letter.

I have read the document ,it given employe need to serve the notice period or salary.

Now what?

I have already changed the my home, which address I have mentioned in the company.

So, I am not going to receive any letter, as the preset address is not shared with him.

Then what company will do?

NehaAgarwal (SE)     24 February 2012

Hi,

I have received an email yesterday.
PFB the content.

Dear Abhijit,

Please find attached a soft copy of your Full & Final settlement.

There is recovery of Rs. -29,910.00, kindly provide us the DD in the name Geometric Limited.

Thanks and Regards,
geometric_logo

I think , by mistake , they written the wrong name(i.e. Abhijit).Mail also contain lots of atachment with Jan and Feb salary slips, Tax est , YTD etc  of my employeeID and name. After lots of calculations in these documents, according to them final settlement is of around 30K.

Geometric dont know about my new company whereI have joined recently.
But They have my pancard number which I have also shared in my new company.
Is there any way ,the legal team find out my new company through my panCard number or passport details.
I dont want to effect my new job.
Please reply.

And also , is there any possiblity, that in background verification in my new company , they come to know about my  5 - 6 days service in Geometric. I have shown the Geometric experience to my new employer.

But through pancard or passport details is there any possibility my current employer come to know about this Gometric experience.

Please Please reply.

vicky (Law officer)     24 February 2012

How did you mention your previous company details when its only 5-6 days working. did ur present employer questioned why you have left within such short span?

NehaAgarwal (SE)     24 February 2012

I have not mentioned to present employer that Geometric experience where I have just worked for 5-6 days.

That's why my present employer have not asked anyhting regarding this.

Is there any other way, they get to know about this  5-6 days experience?

Kumar Doab (FIN)     24 February 2012

You may plead with good offices Appointing authority, MD, CEO, Head-HR of the company to waive off the notice pay. This shall be the quickest and easiest solution.

This company can approach your current or future employers, whenever HR is able to locate you.

Employers usually do not tolerate such conduct when employee separates after a few days wasting all efforts of the employer on recruitment or absconds or do not revert back to employer.

Or you think of a tangible or prudent reason to justify your exit.

Vikram Jain (Entry)     25 February 2012

Excellent answer Kumar. Company is well within its right to request recovery of calculated fair amount, especially since they have a written consent from you. Give a humble written letter to MD, CEO etc and request waiving reducetion of recovery amount. Even if they agree to reduce, push further for payment in installment. This is a good faith action you should take. No action on your present job or through pan card can be taken easily.

NehaAgarwal (SE)     25 February 2012

thaku so much for the reply.

I will send request letter to the HR-Head of the company.

vicky (Law officer)     25 February 2012

i feel that you should just keep quite and do not commit anything in writing. apart from what you have signed at the time of appointment, they dont have any proof. why u want to commit in writing that you are liable to pay to the Company. if they send u any legal notice... then you can think of replying legally but dont rush now. just wait and see.

Thanks

NehaAgarwal (SE)     25 February 2012

Thanks alot..

I will wait and watch about the next step from the company.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register