Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Amit (NA)     09 August 2010

regarding nullity petition

I have been contesting a nullity petition filed by my wife on the allegation of impotence for past 6 years. It is a false allegation and her aim is only to squeeze money by way of alimony to lead an extravagant life for herself and her family. Hence she is dragging the case. Now if I find a suitable partner and want to remarry, how to get divorce? If I decide not to fight the case any longer what options do I have?

1. Do I need to agree to the allegation of impotence or just stop following up the case ? Will there be any difference in the divorce decree ordered by the court in both these cases?

2. Will there be any consequences of not fighting the case? For example, can she file any cheating / criminal case or demand huge compensation from me, etc.?  

Learning

4 Replies

(Guest)

1. If you are one side concious that you have no impotency issues and all her grounds are false then options do exists to speed up the nulity suit. But since you are fed up with Court process and also have found a life partner then the grand choice how to close the cases are all yours where in you can submit an Application to Court stating you accept all her allegations and do not wish to contest the suit filed by her thus grant expeditiously decree based on nulity. 

2. If the decree is passed as an ex party (you donot appear means) and the above para 1 decree granted then not much of a difference other than the second decree (ex party way) could be Appelable that is the differnece between these two decrees.

3. There is no bigger than fundamental rites consequence of un-contested decree in a Divorce proceeding. However, you have to weigh and poke your wife to know her depth beforehand how much far she like to proceed further by which if she is really agrieved by your impotency then yes she may choose to file for counter cases (cheating based compensation) and also it all depends on the receipe being cooked in her kitchen which you need to smell before embarking on one final decision as per your capacity, need to carry forward with your own life, guidence from your already hired Advocate of all these years and offcourse societal pressures and there can't be a straight jacket receipe here etc etc.

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     10 August 2010

if you do not fight she may get ex parte.

you pl search this section. several similar cases and there ans will be benifitted to you.

(Guest)

go ahead in ur life undercover. u cannot be prosecuted for adultery. start livin relationship. teach her a lesson, let her think that u r impotent. contact an experienced  lawyer in person. teach such a lady alleging false impotence a lesson.

Amit (NA)     11 August 2010

Thanks all, for your comments and suggestions.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register