Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ashok kumar (Social Worker)     08 October 2012

Representation in courts even after retiring from directorsh

Resignation from the Directorship

I have been the Active Director of a Private Limited Company since its inception but now since many years I have dedicated my life to the upliftment of Orphans & Special Children & have distanced from all commercial activities. For long I am desirous of resigning & get out of the Company also completely and leave the affairs to the other Directors.

During my tenure as the Director of the Company, the Company had instituted a large number of cases mostly under Section 138 and a few under Civil Laws also. Even though I want to distance from all commercial activities and the Company, yet I wish to represent the Company in the Courts till the disposal of all past cases for the simple reason that I am well versed with the cases and no other person would be able to represent the company in Courts the way I can do. My Lawyer says that if I resign as the Director, I will lose the authority to represent the Company and that only a person, who is either an employee or the director of the Company, can do so.

I do not feel convinced with this logic as I feel that there must be some way or mechanism under law by which a Non Director or an outsider too can represent the Company’s interest in the courts because in my opinion a Company is the best Judge to decide who can represent it best in its interest!

I request the learned professionals here to give me some concrete guidance along with the relevant law, rulings and / or cases.

ashokkumar@calibreplacements.com  

Learning

1 Replies

rahul (director)     08 October 2012

Anyone can represent the company in court case as AR i,e...Auth.. represantative..

no need to be a emplyee or director,,

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register