LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Praveenkumar (Senior Test Engg)     20 October 2024

Request for legal opinion on filing pil regarding hrce department scam

A serious issue concerning the dismissal of a Hereditary Trustee under a Government Order (G.O.). This case, I believe, represents a significant scam within the HRCE department that urgently requires investigation.

In 1954, the Tamil Nadu government granted approximately 28 acres of Gramanatham and INAM land to a temple to improve its revenue. Today, this land is valued at over ₹5,000 crores, a massive amount that underscores the seriousness of the situation. It came to light in 2015 that the trustee, in an attempt to influence the dismissal order, allegedly bribed HRCE officials to alter the initial findings, raising concerns about corruption within the department.

The original dismissal order referenced around 81 survey numbers related to temple lands, but the final order only includes 27. This discrepancy raises significant doubts about the accuracy and integrity of the decision. We believe the actual number of survey numbers should exceed 100, as recorded in earlier HRCE audit reports. This issue affects not only the Gramanatham and INAM land but also other temple properties listed in the 1912 Resettlement Register, collectively valued at over ₹5,000 crores.

Given the gravity of these allegations, I request the formation of a special committee to thoroughly investigate the matter. The committee should examine the 2005 HRCE audit report and the original 1954 order to ensure that all facts are accounted for. Additionally, I urge legal action against the individuals involved in selling temple lands and depositing the proceeds into private accounts, thereby evading HRCE oversight.

I seek your expert opinion on filing a Public Interest Litigation (PIL) to address this matter and ensure justice is served.

Learning

1 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     20 October 2024

You can proceed with the filing of proposed PIL, before that gather documents and evidences to substantiate your allegations and also decide about who to be held responsible for this gross irregularity and scam.

Consult a lawyer practicing in high court and proceed as suggested.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register