Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Private Writings (Business)     05 August 2024

Rti to see the application to marry and (or) marriage notice board

Respected members,

1. I know a person say (Mr. A) who needs to be helped out of harrasment by a woman (Ms. B).
  2. Mr. A is already married and is not educated. He barely understands anything written in english or hindi but has a decent financial background.
  3. Ms. B used to work in a "not-so-reputed" profession.
  4. Mr. A knows Ms. B since long.
  5. In July 2022, Ms. B forced Mr. A to marry her through Court.
    Mr. A was called on the day of marriage in the registrar's office and was forced into marriage on the day itself. She gets the marriage registered. Has the certificate.
  6. She has now filed a Domestic Violence Case on the whole Mr. A's family seeking financial compensation. He is now personally bankrupt.
  7. Now Marriage through Special Marriage Act requires both parties to make application for intention of marriage 30 days prior to the marriage date.
  8. My queries are -

(a). If Mr. A never gave the consent for application of the marriage, how did the marriage took place after 30 days? If there was a backdoor arrangement, can he not through RTI seek to see the copy of the initial application made to the registrar bearing Mr. A's consent? OR his consent must have been forged.

(b). Using RTI, can he seek to see the notices displayed at the registrar's office 30 days prior to the marriage? If there was a backdoor arrangment, the notice woulnd't exist, right? This can be used to support his claim for the marriage done fraudulently.

(c) Is there a thumb impression required for the application of intention of marriage?

I'd be thankful to you if someone can guide us as to where and how the RTI can be filed. 

Learning

1 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     05 August 2024

Anyone can seek the desired details or information through RTI act.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register