LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anonymous (xxx)     29 July 2011

Ruined marriage - what to do

We got married three years ago and have a 2 years old son. Just two months into marriage, I caught my wife secretly talking and chatting with her ex-boyfriend (hiding her phone number, talking while in office) and I also found some objectionable pictures that she sent to her ex before marriage. I also found chat messages in which she was telling about my parents and how she has to do all the 'nataks' in front of them. I was so shocked that I called up her mom (her dad expired a few years ago) and told her everything. Her mom told me that there was this guy and she even had a chat with him but he did not want to marry her.

Instead of telling my parent about the whole thing, I went to my wife's place with her (which I think was my life's biggest mistake). My wife and her mother cried and emotionally forced me into accepting her and deleting all objectionable material from my possesion. Even I thought about what will happen to her family if I leave her at this point so I agreed to stay with her (though it was damn difficult for me.. evn now).

After 2-3 months, she started showing her true colours. She became arrogant and picks fight even on small issues -she started hating my parents But I never told my parents about what's going on between us for 2 years. She made allegations on my mother, yelling, screaming and all sort of nuisance. Then finally I told my parents about our fights (not the cheating thing). They were so depressed but my wife continued and is still doing. She has no regret of what she did with me and what I did for her.

I have her mobile phone records in whcih she called her ex, even the chats. Her mother now says that she;ll go to a woman cell and get me arrested for mistreating her... I am not sure what to do? How can I get out of this marriage without being exploited? I can show the money I spent on her in Credit Card statements. What other evidence should I collect?

Learning

5 Replies

Saurabh..V (Law Consultant)     29 July 2011

@Author

You should collect ALL what is available against her which shows she is ruining your marriage and family. Also whatever evidence that shows that your wife is cheating on you would help you to get free divorce.

Free divorce = without paying maintainance.

Your grounds for divorce would be cruelity.

All the best!!

//peace

/Saurabh..V

Will these evidence work after 3 years?

Also, I can move to my native place which will save me a lot of money as I am self employed. A rough calculation gave me an estimate of 25Lakhs  saved in 5 years if I shift to my native place. Will this help? Can I move to  my native place and ask her accompany me? Wht if she does not come?

I love my child and have no problem paying justified maintenance for him.

Saurabh..V (Law Consultant)     29 July 2011

Will these evidence work after 3 years?

Yes. Evidences never dies unless not born with time bound expiry.

You should see if shifting to any other place would help you visit the court on specified dates. Going to native place yeilds in profits then why not! Just see that when you are agreeing for reasonable maintenance, it does not turn into exploitation of your funds.

Can I move to my native place and ask her accompany me? Wht if she does not come?

If she fails to join you to native place then you can file for RCR. It'll help you decide if she really wants to be with you or not. If she is not willing, then it's better to move on and let her go. Choice is yours!

//peace

/Saurabh..V

Thanks a lot for the information.

The only problem that I see in moving to my native place is that she might file a 498a or DV case against me and my parents as she is already against them. And maybe some more cases depending upon what her laywer will suggest them. Is there any way I can save myself from these allegations?

She once recorded our conversation on behest of some laywer, in which I was strongly telling her to mind her ways and come back home from her parents house. They now use it as a tool to blackmail us saying they'll go to court with that? What affect could it have?

abdul (B.A.,L.L.B)     31 July 2011

you collect all the important metarial , and also tried to get take photos or videos of both by screat, and collect all call details after that you may file divorce petition for creualty.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register