LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sakshi Sakshi (Self employed)     21 November 2011

Sec151:- can i get 'dismissal order' quashed by same court?

Help needed ….

Q is: - Can a  dismissal "Order/judgment/decree" be impugned to get it set aside Before the same Hon'ble Court (rather same jurisdiction who initially passed the dismissal order)? On the grounds that …….., the dismissal order was passed without giving any fair opportunity to make any arguments even once?

Sec 33 of CPC is amply clear and actually it does not even need any case law for the codified adversarial procedures which says 'Each and every Judgment only and only after hearing the concerned parties' Or atleast giving the fair opportunity to parties to present their side in oral arguments

Can a  dismissal "Order/judgment/decree" be prayed to be set aside Before the same Hon'ble Court? on the above grounds

its bizzare but true! ...... our lower judiciary is having such level of competancy!!

Please adviese ...

I am told that there are some caselaws (Bombay HC citations are sought for if you have any)

Thanks in advance.

Learning

5 Replies

Sakshi Sakshi (Self employed)     21 November 2011

If anyone has DRT caselaws relevant to above ...then  there would be nothing better than that !!

Please advise.

Thanks.

SURESH GODBOLE (ADVOCATE)     21 November 2011

Its strange that the other party is not heard even once

Even if you have been served once ,  your argument has no meaning

If you intentionall not received the noices for avoiding , you have no case

State how you were not given a chance of hearing , not given notice , or notice was intentionally not received

Its rare

Jamai Of Law (propra)     21 November 2011

Sakshi ji,

I am not taking undue advantage here .....................................but, I still remember that you had once sent me a pm that ........................... 'Correct yr basics first! ........lol !!!!' ' .  ...

Well! ...................... I bury that as a past gone bys. 

Please don't consider this as if ................. I am soothing my hurt ego by NOT missing to give you an advise!! ... for a change !!

(All that I aaaamm saying that  ................ while giving advise to others ............one doesn't have to pay from his/her pocket to be polite and sober!!! ...........rather it hardly costs a penny!!!.... So why not to practise being polte and sober!!!!)

Now ....... Comming to your Q ..........................

Your narrations are confusing ! ............. Who hasn't got opportunity to be heard in case proceedings?

You wrote ........ Dismissal Order .............. so .............. its the Applicant  who's got aggrieved due to dismissal of application!! ............... Am I write? Please correct me if I am wrong in understanding your Q !!!

But still I won't say you haven't drafted your question neatly!!! ................. Anyways ............

My Advise:

Please Refer to Order 18 also in addition to sec 33 of CPC (argument is mandatory) and here is the latest caselaw, if that is useful to you. this talks of the change of presiding officer or/and missing to do oral arguments due to the same .......... 

'Oral arguments are indispensable'

Rukhana Associates Vs. Respondent: E-Square Leisure Pvt. Ltd. 

Bombay HC,

Decided On: 02.07.2010

URL: https://vivekkantawala.com/pdf/E-Square.pdf     

Your Q  :- Prayer Before the same Hon'ble Court to set aside the dismissal-order passed by same court !!!! …………….Is such prayer tenable?

On the front of jurisdiction: You can file such prayer but you may not want to !!!……….. its like breaking the head against the wall.

Inherent jurisdiction CPC sec 151 is to be seen in the light of …………. ex debitio justitiae only ……i.e only in the absence of express provisions of the Code. …….

No doubt powers under this sec 151 are wide and residuary but these are discretionary and not substantive one

Case law of SC : Budhia Swain v. Gopinath Deb

Justice R.C. Lahoti, opined that a court has a power to recall its own order under its inherent powers. The apex court held that the court has inherent powers to recall and set aside an order

• Obtained by fraud practiced upon the court,
  • When the court is misled by the parties, or
  • When the court itself commits a mistake, which prejudices a party.

But nowhere it says that court has to set aside order such an Order!!! ... This si the brutal crux of the provisions………….. It merely says that Court CAN but may or may not!!

So your application won’t get rejected for lack of jurisdiction …. But mayor may not succeed .... and finally you would go to appeal ... then why to waste the time???

Now ……………. As the Adv Gadbale has asked …. Please tell us how the party (either or both side) missed to do arguments before court even once.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     23 November 2011

I dount whether one can giv eadvise on the vague and sketchy facts stated by you.

SURESH GODBOLE (ADVOCATE)     23 November 2011

NOT POSSIBLE

HOW YOU WILL PROVE THAT YOU WERE NOT SERVED NOTICE

It is always sent by Registered AD Post thro Post Office

And if the AD is not received within 30 days , serivice is presumed

Or else on the returned notice it is mentioned that the party was not at home , this was informed by someone at home , and thereby its presumed that you are intentionally not receving it ,  and thus after the postman writes the facts with his own hand reg NON-Service , Service is presumed .

If you have changed the address , You MUST HAVE INTIMATED THE SAME TO YOUR OFFICE .

Pl clarify your position

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register