Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sayed Maqsood Ahmed   18 September 2024

share in ancestral immovable properties as per Mohammedan personal law

Hello sir

We are from Maharashtra state as we need your exoert legal advice. One of our relatives, their parents died, and left immovable properties behind. They left behind 3 sons and 2 daughters. All are married.

The deceaseds left behind 2 shops, 2 houses, and 2 open plots . And a big bungalow where the deceased 3 sons are staying. Except bungalow rest of the immovable properties were sold, but the 2 married daughters of the defeased were still not paid their shares.

in view of the above, would you please advise your legal views on how much shares and exCt cash amounts in percentage all the heirs will receive, i.e., 3 sons and 2 sisters.

thank you in advance for your valuable legal views.

kind regards

Learning

7 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     18 September 2024

There is no concept called ancestral property under Muslim personal law.

The estate left behind by the deceased  is distributed to heirs in a specific order, with the spouse receiving a fixed share first. The remaining estate is then distributed to other heirs

However, the quantum of share of female heir is half of that of the male heirs, i.e., Sons usually inherit twice as much as their sisters when one of their parents dies.

Sayed Maqsood Ahmed   18 September 2024

Dear learned sir

First of all many thanks for your quick response.

I liked your legal comments. As I mentioned in my query that both mother and father of the legal heirs died.  So under such circumstances how can the cash share of the immovable properties sold by the sons of the deceased patents distributed amongst 2 sons and 2 married daughters.

Awaiting your legal views.

Best regards 

Suhail suhail (LAWYER)     19 September 2024

There is no  Mohammedan personal law ,don know where from you get such laws.

Sayed Maqsood Ahmed   19 September 2024

Extremely sorry.

It's typographical error. 

Actually what I mean is Muslim personal law

Kindly offer your valuable legal views on my question.

Thanks in advance

Kind regards 

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     19 September 2024

The sons will get two to one share as entitled by the daughters which will include even movable assets. 

Shashi Dhara   19 September 2024

It is divided as 2:1 ratio that is sons👌get double share then daughters.

Sayed Maqsood Ahmed   19 September 2024

Thanks for your valuable answer

Best regards 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register