Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sant Singh (Asstt.Manager (Security))     07 November 2011

Share in property

My Father-in-law expired during 2001, leaving a house and three shops which were acquired by him by way of purchase from his own income. He had three sons and two daughters.  All three sons died one by one during 2003,2008 and 2011.  My mother-in-law and both the daughters are alive.  Two sons were un-employed and one son was working in a co-operative sugar mill and on his death his family members are getting family pension and all other benefits like PF,Gratuity,Insurance etc. whereas widows of other two sons are earning their livelihood themselves and not getting any financial benefits from any quarter.  The wife of the son who has got all benefits like PF,Gratuity,insurance and family pension has been harassing my mother-in-law to get share from house and shops whereas my father-in-law had already given him a built up house free of cost as gift during 1997 and he was living separately with his wife and children. My mother-in-law wants to give the house ( in which she is presently living along her two widow daughter-in-law ) and three shops to both daughter-in-law. Kindly let me know whether this third daughter-in-law can have any share from said property (house and shops) under legal provisions. The house and shops under reference are still registered in the name of my father-in-law.

Learning

1 Replies

sridhar pasumarthy (ADVOCATE)     07 November 2011

Dear Singh,

The third daughter-in- law has also a share in the property left by your father-in law.  She can't be deprived of such right.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register