Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

abc (manager)     18 June 2012

Sister-in-law threatning for 498

Hi Experts,

My brother got married 3 yrs ago. Since then his wife has been emotionally absuing him and everyone in my our family including our old parents.

She does not let my brother to speak to anyone, she abuses everyone  and treats  and expects everyone to be her servant.

She threatens to file for 498 if we try to even speak to her to get the matters sorted..

What do we do.. We are stuck in the whole matter so badly.. We want a divorce and out, but then we just do not know what will she do..

what options do we have ?  Do we have any options at all?

Please advice..

Thanks 

Learning

4 Replies

abc (manager)     18 June 2012

Thanks Ashish,

Few questions:

1. what is quash?

2. what about filing for "restitution of conjugal rights"  as she is not doing her duty of  wife even though she stays in the same house?

3. will the police accept it if we say that the false case can be filed against us?

4. It is so strange that we can absoluetely not do anything  about it.. what about neighbors, friends who know the whole situation?

Thanks

HK_Jain... (498a Fighter)     18 June 2012

1. what is quash?

Cancel/reject

2. what about filing for "restitution of conjugal rights"  as she is not doing her duty of  wife even though she stays in the same house?

It depends usually it don't works and will give the result in counter.

3. will the police accept it if we say that the false case can be filed against us?

Yes

4. It is so strange that we can absoluetely not do anything  about it.. what about neighbors, friends who know the whole situation?

matter of trial/ws.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register