Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Pooja   01 August 2024

Slight change in signature on marriage certificate and passport

Hi, 

I recently got married according to the special marriage act and my sign on the marriage certificate does not have last two alphabets of my usual signature on all other documents. 

Now I am applying for the visa for Germany and the visa type is family reunion visa and it will require proof of my marriage certificate. I do not want to face any issues related to discrepancies with the signatures.What could be done in such cases, can a new marriage certificate with correct signature be issued or it won't affect the visa process at all?

Learning

3 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     01 August 2024

Unitl and unless ther is any error in the details of the individual in the passport to that of the marriage certificate, there cannot be any problem in this regard. The signatures can differ, it is not mandatory that one has to sign the same way everytime and everywhere.

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     01 August 2024

The application is in order as per rules, the difference is that the signature is not a problem.

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Telangana state Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     02 August 2024

To avoid any potential issues with signature discrepancies on your marriage certificate, you have a few options: 1. *Obtain a new marriage certificate*: Approach the concerned authorities (usually the marriage registrar or sub-registrar) and request a new marriage certificate with the correct signature. This might involve filling out a form, paying a fee, and providing identification documents. 2. *Get a signature verification certificate*: In some cases, you can obtain a signature verification certificate from the authorities, which confirms that the signature on your marriage certificate matches the one on your other identification documents. 3. *Attach a explanatory letter*: If you're unable to obtain a new marriage certificate or signature verification certificate, you can attach an explanatory letter to your visa application, explaining the signature discrepancy. This letter should provide context and clarify that the discrepancy is due to a genuine error. 4. *Consult the German embassy or consulate*: Reach out to the German embassy or consulate where you'll be submitting your visa application and ask about their specific requirements and procedures regarding marriage certificates and signature discrepancies. Remember to check the German embassy or consulate's website for specific requirements and documentation needed for a family reunion visa. It's always better to be proactive and address any potential issues before submitting your application. Keep in mind that the visa application process can be complex, and requirements may vary. If you're unsure or have further questions, consider consulting with the German embassy or consulate or seeking advice from an immigration expert.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register