LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sunil (director)     05 April 2012

Society delay in transfer of flat

I bought a flat in 2011 after recieving the Society NOC. However, 7 months down the line, the Society has not yet transferred the flat in my name. I have paid the official transfer charges Rs. 25,000 and an additional contribution calculated at the psf rate as transfee fee to the ' society development fund' as was advised by the society committee.

On following up for transfer, the society says that it will happen in due course and give me reasons like committee meeting has not happened, other important issues, sale at higher rate of a flat at the transaction period, etc. The committee member who was irked with my follow ups said that it may take upto 20 years also to effect the transfer. On the side, he has asked me to 'beautify' the floor as he owns a flat on the same floor and says that the cost will be shared. Due to tight liquidity conditions, I am unable to do this currently.

I wanted to check with members of this learned forum if there was any recourse for me to get the flat transfered to my name sooner or if there is any obligation / liability on the part of the society in this case

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register