LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

radhakrishnap (student)     15 May 2011

society letter for proof of residence

we have been living in the neelkamal society malad for the past two years, the flat was however purchased by us about two and a half years back. we needed to make our passports made and need a letter from the society that we are residing at the address. bu the secretary flatly refused to give us any such letter.

our ration card was made just a few months back. we do have the electricity and telephone bills, also the society maintenance bills for the past two years. but we are not able to get the society letter. the secretary asks us to use the maintenance bills.

is there any way out for us?

any way that we can get the  secretary to give us the letter.

thanks

Learning

8 Replies

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     23 May 2011

The documents listed by you are sufficient as address for the purpose of Passport application. Some of them are considered more authentic than a letter from Secretary of the Society.

anusha thakellapati (ASE)     21 December 2011

i was recruited into tcs and i require a society letter for proof of residence. I dont have an address proof for my residence othe than quarter allotment letter. But it is not sufficient for address proof. They mentioned we can get a society letter.What is the procedure to get society letter for proof of residence.

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     21 December 2011

If you are a member of the Society and staying in Society's flat, you can ask for or apply for an address certificate, from the secretary of the society. But you have written that you have a quarter allotment letter. Are you staying in the quarters provided to you by TCS?  If so, they need not have asked  you for address proof. Please write complete details.

anusha thakellapati (ASE)     22 December 2011

My father is a singareni employee and we live in quarter allocated to us by them. I was recruited into TCS and going to join on march 22nd. for Background check in TCS i need to sbmit address proof. I have no address proof for my residence other than quarter allotment letter. It cannot be accepted as a proof of residence. hence society letter for proof of residence can do. so how can i get it??

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     22 December 2011

I thought you were staying in a Co-operative Housing Society and that you wanted letter from the Society. Now you say that you are not staying in a Society. If so, what Society were you meaning?

If you are staying with your parents, your father may be having his own address proof. If he does not have any of his own address proof, he can get a letter from his employer saying that he was employed with them, quarters were allotted to him and his residential address was so and so. Along with that letter, your father can give a letter addressed to TCS, saying that you were his son, and you were staying with him. TCS are reasonable people and I expect them to accept your letter.  I have given such address proof to my son.

anusha thakellapati (ASE)     23 December 2011

i actually do no what a society letter is and for whom it will be issued...so i wanna know who will be elligible to get a society letter and thanks for ur suggestion. i would proceed as u said.

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     23 December 2011

In your case there is no Society. So there is no question of a letter from a Society. You do as I suggested. Otherwise ask TCS what do they mean by a Society letter. They may be thinking you are staying in a Society.

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     23 December 2011

In your case there is no Society. So there is no question of a letter from a Society. You do as I suggested. Otherwise ask TCS what do they mean by a Society letter. They may be thinking you are staying in a Society.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register