Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Narender (Employee)     30 December 2011

Spelling mistake in bond paper

Hello,

It was the agreement of paying one forth amount before registration of a plot. There was not mentioned about forfeiture of the amount, if the plot is not registered in 40 days from the date of agreement. The brokers have said that I can write the forfeit statement (hand written) on the Rs.100/- bond paper. So I did...

My question

1. Is it going to be valid that I wrote the statement "if the registration is not done withing 40 days of the agreement, then the vendee will forfeit the amount" hand written on the bond paper?

2. I've written "forefeit" instead of "forfeit", a spelling mistake which i have realised after they left, Would that be an issue?

Please help me with my questions, i shall be grateful.

Learning

5 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     30 December 2011

Spelling mistake does not make any difference.

sridhar pasumarthy (ADVOCATE)     30 December 2011

No need to worry.  It doesn't matter.

H.M.Patnaik (Proprietor)     31 December 2011

See dear friend,  an agreement is a set of condition acceptable to the parties in a particular pretext and both parties bear an intention to abide by the same. If the same is reduced to writing in anon- judicial paper, it is done to protect the intrest of the aggrieved party in the event of a breach of conditions. 

In the instant case, if you have added some sentence after typing/ execution is over, then both parties must put their initial at the beginning and end of the sentence inserted later. However , minor spelling error on the body of the agrement  which oes not have bearing on the mea shall not cause  any harm to the document.

Narender (Employee)     31 December 2011

That's great.

Thank you all for the clarification  :)

V R SHROFF (Sr. ADVOCATE Bombay High Court Mob: 9892432152)     01 January 2012

the question is, who loose the amount??The party aggrived must sign any alteration in Agreement. 

Bond is binding on whoever sign it.

Spelling mistakes , that does not materially change the meqaning or context of  contents is immaterial, it is allowed.

40 days limitation is very material, and must be signed with date to whomever it affects. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register