LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

jayashree (retired)     14 March 2010

stamp duty for gift deed

My daughter and son-in-law together own a flat in Hyderabad.They want to gift it to me.I heard that if the gift is from the blood relation stamp duty is 1% of the flat value and if it is from any other relation it is 6%.In my case what is the correct duty I need to pay for registering the gift deed since the gifted flat is owned by my daughter and my son-in law.Please advise.

Learning

9 Replies

biren (Advocacy)     14 March 2010

Jayashree

For registration of Gift deed, there is no any exemption for stamp duty whether the transfer of property to blood relation or not. The same stamp duty equivellant to sale deed i.e 4.9 % is applicable.

Only the Registration charge of 1 % is exempt if the transferee is ladies.

Regards

Biren B. Shah

sushil (bussiness)     14 March 2010

buy a bare act book of registration act 1908. it costs only 50 ruppees.  1/2 to 1 percent charges shall be levied as stamp duty and the registration fees are same as applicable. 

in west bengal these are the rates applicable and hope the same works and are applied all over india.

biren (Advocacy)     15 March 2010

Mr. Sushil

The rate shown by me is applicable to Gujarat.

Regards

Biren B. Shah

Prakash Tambe (SR. Manager)     26 November 2010

I would like to know that in Madhya Pradesh (MP) what is the Stamp dutyapplicable for Gift deed? If the gift deed is given by father to close relation like son, Daughter, Son in Law, then what is the stamp duty? Please send me the government rules and regulation act (Soft copy) for Gift deed stamp duty. 

Bharatkumar (ADVOCATE )     30 November 2010

U contect SRO for this.

Sachin Agrawal (Account and Taxation)     07 August 2013

If mother is want to gift his house to his married daughter and wanted to registered its gift deed than what is the stamp duty payable on registration of gift deed in gwalior, madhya pradesh

Please ans this as quick as possible

Himanshu (CA)     18 December 2013

If a NRI son Gifted a property to his widow mother resident in delhi. Whether stamp duty is payable or not. Property is situated at Gurgaon Haryana

Manik Dey   02 June 2016

What would be the stamp duty impact in case of an Uncle gifting his property to his Nephew.

i.e. 6% or 1%

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register