LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Manoj (Assistant Manager)     04 February 2013

Tenancy in mumbai ( pagadi system)

I have purchased tenancy rights in a residential property at mumbai in 2006 from one of the landlord who was managing the property on behalf of other 6 landlords. In 2012 i got a notice from one of the landlord ( that landlord was out of india since 2000 and came to india only in 2008) claiming that my tenancy has been created without his permission. Later other two landlords also joined him and have file a suit against me ( other 2 landlord were in india and are residing in same premises, but never denied my tanancy till date ) , other 3 landlords and previous tenant.  Since last three months lanndlord managing property have stopped issuing me rent receipts but he is depositing rent cheque given by me, I want guidance on the below query

1) Can the other two landlords who were residing in same premises since 2006 when i got tenancy rights, now deny my tenancy ??  Can i question i court why they have not raised objection since 6 years and now harassing me ?

2) Can the landlord who was out of india from 2001 file eviciton proceedings against me --- I was not made aware by other landlords about his existence --- Nor any ntoice board was displayed in the building premises??

3) What to do if landlord is not issuing rent receipts to me ??   Can i deposit the rent in court ??

Please advise

Regards,

Manoj Shah

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register