Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

BengaloreAnkur (Engineer)     17 July 2016

Tenant asking cash against keys

Hello Experts,

We have old house and it has garage (270 Sq.Ft) which was given to a person in around 1960s (not sure about exact date) by my grandfather. Tennant ran a small factory there. He moved his factory later in 1970s however started using the garage for storing his things. When he took garage

Meanwhile many things happened in my family first my father passed away and then my after sometime my grandfather passed away. My uncle, aunt and grandmother were asking my Mom, my sister & me to vacate. But my mother had no choice and didn't vacate as they were already staying in their own house and they didn't need house however we needed it most. My mother fought long battle in court as well as raised me & my sister and after 20 years got house transferred to her name.

After we got house in my mother's name, we asked tenant to vacate, as he has stored his unused machine parts there and he has not opened it for more than 10 years. Tenant is not alone he has two other brothers and running successful business, he is well off. However he wants 4 Lakhs to vacate the garage. We obviously can't pay.

What should we do in this case? Please suggest a way out.

Learning

5 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     17 July 2016

Hope you have the irrefutable evidence of non use etc.

Approach a very able counsel and file for eviction.

Well door is burried in tar road long time and they haven't opened it. But if they sense they will open it, I am not sure how we can make it irrefutable evidance.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     17 July 2016

Make videos.Take photos.Install CCTV.

Best is enagage an abel counsel and prceed further to move court if required.

Thank you Mr Kumar,

I know its not platform to put this, but I feel sad and wonder as to why rich guys are so greedy.

They too know they haven't paid more than 50k totaly till date as rent. They started with 2 Rs rent(in 1960s) and currently paying around 60 Rs PM as rent.

P. Venu (Advocate)     18 July 2016

Was the building given for residential or non-residential purpose?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register