LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sunil Patel   21 February 2021

Tenant threatens

I own a few rooms which I give on rents. 

There are few tenants living there from many years (10+) recently one tenant moved out to his sons home and sub leted my property to someone else.

As old tenant not given rent from long time I told him first give me pending rent and then I will lock the room because you are staying somewhere else.

But the tenant told me the person who is living in the room is is his some blood relation and he is there to maintain the room cleanliness (of course which is not true).

I went to police station when they are shifting their positions and I told police to come with me so I can lock the room in front of you when the premises is empty and before someone takes the position.

But the police denied saying it's not there duty and it not comes under their jurisdiction. 

Still next day when place was empty and locked by the old tenant I put my lock over their lock.

Sundar news when to tenant and the ladies from their family and relatives gathered in front of my house and given me threatens to come out so they can beat me. I called police station and they come after 2 hours in between they have given me life threatens and have used with vulgar language.

Police told me I can't lock the room because there was his name on the property assessment as a tenant.

I told police

1) first they are not living in the room from last one year.

2) second they are subletting my room to someone else and collecting rent from them 

3) third day have not given me rent from last 12 years.

and now they are gathering in front of my house and abusing and giving me live threads.

Police told them to give my I rent of 12 years and told me to unlock the room so they can stay there.

They given me rent of only 8 years and said remaining we will pay later as per their convenience. 

As this was very old property we don't have any e agreement like leave and license etc and also it is rented by my father long ago.

No my question is that is it fair?

What should I do?

I am blind person of 32 age.

Also there is no male member in family accept me.

And we have no other income source beside rents. 

Learning

1 Replies

Aman Oberoi   24 February 2021

you should file suit for vacation of tenant from your property

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register