LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Jasbeer Singh (student)     23 May 2013

Title dispute help!

i am a 22 year old christian student, my sister is 18 years old and my parents have been married for 22 years... for our entire lifetimes, my sister an I have lived in this house and my mother since marriage (22 years). my mother is now planning on getting divorced 

>We live on the first floor of a two story building for the past 22 years by virtue of marriage for my mother and bot my sister and my entire lifetimes

>the house is self owned property of my grandmother whos name it is on yet paid entirely by my grandfather who claims it is his. This property was bought by my grandfather before benami abolotion act.. does the act have retrospective effect?

> can the 3 of us claim any bit of this property by virtue of living here all this while? adverse posession or ostensible owner etc?

> my father has bought an apartment elsewhere few years back and has put it jointly on my mothers and his name, how do we go about this? my father claims to go to court and make an affadavit that he paid the entire amount, does this attract benami? or will it be allowed since they are joint owners?

Please help me out

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register