LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Chameli   15 August 2024

Title suit

I'm an OCI holder living abroad ,my husband has gifted me his share of 50 % share of a 4 story residential undivided building in India , after his younger brother passed away in 2019.
The property was jointly owned by the brothers .My husband's widowed sister in law and her daughter are currently living there and also  running the premises as a hotel . She is not cooperating with me and  does not pay me any rent for using my share of the  property. She nearly compelled my husband to sign some Notary Public  papers soon after the death of her husband which fortunately he didn't .
The current advocate has not only wasted our money and time but has been under the influence of some politicians and gangsters including the police that he has been leading us on and not truly fighting our case .There has been no movement in our case since 2021 when an interim order was issued . To make the matters worse my  husband's  cousin recommended the current advocate who has a power of attorney as previously the cousin was  given the power of attorney due to us living abroad   (we fell out with the cousin as he financially scamned us ) and the same advocate intially sounding genuine and sincere that he will take our case to the High Court making big promises but first that we needed to give him the Power Of Attorney to represent me .We trusted him  as his client  that he will fight our case and gets the justice done but not been the case .
We realised  that the advocate has no plans to fight our  case or to withdraw the case but we have been tricked and  lied to ..

We now find ourselves stuck in a messy court case where the advocate made a lot of money but nothing to show for  and find ourselves in a vulnerable position where we are not even able to sell my share of the property nor can we  get the property divided into equal shares etc 
We have lost our faith in the legal system and none of the advocates  truly want to fight our genuine case but instead scamming us.It feels like all of them supporting my sister in laws side from the police , politicians to gangsters and nothing can be done about it as we are being treated like foreigners with the money and how to scam us out of money .
I would appreciate any advice as I need to move forward but no longer can trust any advocates as fowl play is involved . As you can see clearly we have been financially  exploited by everyone that we think if we can even be safe when visiting the Motherland . The message from them  is loud and clear as everyone profits from the hotel .. 

Learning

4 Replies

Shashi Dhara   15 August 2024

Due to corona in2020, 21 court was strict in adducing evidence now it is functioning, if you are not satisfied with present advocate you can change the advocate and engage advocate of your choice.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     15 August 2024

You can change the lawyer and conduct the case through another lawyer who do not hail from local.

First of all ascertain that what case has been filed from your side and the status of the case, you are only venting out your grievances without giving any details of the case or its status hence it would be better that you consult any lawyer of this forum or outside and then decide further course of legal action to get remedy 

1 Like

Chameli   15 August 2024

This is the screenshot of our case .

Attached File : 941722 20240815205118 img 1485.jpeg downloaded: 20 times

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     16 August 2024

The details what you have sent as screenshot are not sufficient enough to render any opinion to your case, it is just various dates where the case was posted 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register