LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Raghu (Engineer)     27 March 2013

Transfer of land by will

A person with wife and three childrens expired an year back. He has made a will that the immovable property is for wife. My queries are :

1. What is the process to transfer the ownership of land based on will (i.e to wife).

2. Do we need Release Deed by all the three childrens inspite of Will stating that the property is for wife.

3. As the property is inherited by wife - does she has right to decide to whom she can give the property by writing a WILL.

-or- the property is distributed equally among the three childrens on her demise.

Request to provide your valuable feedback.

Thanks

Learning

4 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     29 March 2013

whether the property is ancestrol property to the deceased husband or self acquired?

Raghu (Engineer)     01 April 2013

The property is self acquired.

Thanks

1 Like

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     02 April 2013

as the property is self acquired, he is at will to give the property to any one. whether there are any conditions in that will?

Raghu (Engineer)     04 April 2013

Thanks again. I want to know the process to register the property on the names as mentioned in the will. Do we need to provide will (not registered), and do we need to pay stamp duty. Will the stamp duty be considered as gifted or sold to the person on the name of person as mentioned in will. What additional documents are required to register the property on the name mentioned in will.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register