LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Two queries

I have two questions today and I will be thankful if you can answer.The background case is I used to work abroad and my wife mutually left around 2009.Finally I filed a case in the lower courts in 2011 for contested divorce as they wanted huge alimony for MCD.In the last 6 months I have  returned and now living with my parents. In the lower courts,Interim Maintenance of 15000 was granted and I paid arrears of 2 lakhs. After receiving the arrears sum, my wife has appealed in the High Courts to increase maintenance while the divorce case in the lower courts is continuing.

My questions
1)Is the appeal judgement in the High Courts published on sites like Indian Kanoon automatically or is it at discretion of the High Court judge?

2)The opposite lawyer has requested my lawyer to produce my passport and my bank account details.Is it my duty to produce this?Can the courts force me to do this?

Learning

4 Replies

SRISHAILA.DHARANI (Advocate&consultant)     28 February 2013

My questions
1)Is the appeal judgement in the High Courts published on sites like Indian Kanoon automatically or is it at discretion of the High Court judge? IT IS THE DESCRETION OF THE JUDGE.

2)The opposite lawyer has requested my lawyer to produce my passport and my bank account details.Is it my duty to produce this?Can the courts force me to do this?--- YOU NEED NOT PRODUCE AND COURT CAN NOT FORCE YOU FOR THAT.

Srishaila,bangalore,advocate,9741425514,sdharani120@gmail.com

(Guest)

Thank you very much for clearing my doubts.

Rahul Kapoor (Legal Enthusiast)     01 March 2013

hello,

if you have apprehension of impounding of passport then you should know that only passport authority can so do.

if opposite party is aking for the same then you must not produce it.

regards-

rahul.gogreen@gmail.com

Rahul Kapoor (Legal Enthusiast)     01 March 2013

hello,

its on the discretion of court.

and if opp party is aking for the passort and other things better not to produce the same.

if you are having apphension in your mind that passport might get impounded then its not so easy.only passport authority can do so.

regards-

rahul.gogreen@gmail.com

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More