Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shashank Mehra   12 August 2024

Updating property ownership after mother's passing

The property in question is jointly owned by my late mother, my brother, and myself. The house is situated in Panvel, under the jurisdiction of the Vichumbe Gram Panchayat. Following my mother’s recent passing, we need to update the property records to reflect her demise and reallocate her share of the property to my brother and me. Additionally, we intend to secure a loan against this property, which necessitates completing this procedural update. Our father has also passed away.

Could you please provide guidance on the procedure for notifying the Gram Panchayat and updating the property title accordingly?

Learning

1 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     12 August 2024

If you have any other person as a legal heir to your deceased mother other than you both, then that person also will be entitled to a share out of your deceased mother's share in the jointly owned property at par with you both.

If there's no other legal heir other than youpplt both then you first submit a letter signed by you both to the jurisdictional revenue officer seeking to furnish legal heirship certificate in respect of legal heirs of your deceased mother to succeed to her share in the property.

After obtaining the legal heirship certificate, you both can jointly apply for transfer of revenue records of the property to both of your names alone.

You both will become joint owners of the thereafter.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register