Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

crelhan (faculty)     01 May 2012

Urgent help- cctv camera

Sir,

is installing cctv camera at a public place like shop or entrance of a shop is legal? if there is a threat of my property and life because of tenants and their unlawfull acts can i install camera above the entrance of my tenanted shop?

Regards,

Learning

8 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     01 May 2012

Yes, you can install it.

B.K.GUPTA... (ADVISOR)     01 May 2012

Dear Crelhan

The details mentioned by you do not reflect the exact situation.Are you a landlord or tenant?

Dear Mr. Rajeev thanks a lot.. also tell me if my tenents try to damage or damages the camera. and what if they call PCR and make a complaint regarding this.what should i do?

and B K Gupta ji, i am the landlord. and i want to install camera on the parapet wall of my roof, just above the shop of tenants.

shazad (member)     01 May 2012

i think you can instal with the consent of tenant , because the cctv camera defintly ll disturb his privacy and there is no law which alows a landlord to put his feet in the others shoes wdout his permision. when a tenant hires a shop etc on rent than that become his property till the agreed period with some exceptions. tenant can run his shop acording to his will under the existing law.

if you have any threat from your tenant which amounts to mischivous act than you can adopt a legal procedure throu court or police, but forcibly you even cant  vacat the shop

if you think that court will alow you to instal camera than i think thre is provision of law which permits interference in tenant privacy

shazad (member)     01 May 2012

corection in last para, plz b read as

if you think that court will alow you to instal camera than i think thre is NO provision of law which permits interference in tenant privacy

Dear Mr. Shazad, i do not want to install it inside his shop. secondly, above the shop means view will give a fair idea about his acts outside the shop, so tht a necessary step can be taken before hand. also he uses abusive language so many time .my tenant is a gunda element totally. i think the way i want to install it is not going to hurt his privacy.

crelhan (faculty)     02 May 2012

thanks everybody for yourvaluable suggestions.. I am a law abiding citizen, hence all ur suggestion matters alot to me..before doing anything it is always better to consult the experts. i think i shoul go for some police help before taking this decision. again thanks all.

V R SHROFF (Sr. ADVOCATE Bombay High Court Mob: 9892432152)     14 May 2012

yes you can 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register