Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Amit (Dir)     12 March 2013

Urgent query - rights of licensee

Need help on a query.

My  L&L agreement valid for 24 months in Mumbai ended in Feb 13. My Landord and I had verbally agreed to renew the L&L agreement for 24 months and an increment of 10%.

Post this I paid him the rent at the old rate for 2 months in advance in the beginning of March and intended to pay the increment post the agreement execution and registration. However, due to some minor disagreement he has refused to renew the agreement and wants me to vacate the flat.

I have agreed to vacate the house but requested that as I have already paid the rent for 2 months and also as it is not possible to do it immediately for me as I have old parents and also it will take atleast 2 months to find a new accomodation.

I want to know what are my rights under law and also what are the rights of of the licensor?

What is the process he may need to follow if he wants me to vacate the house before 2 months. Also as we are not renewing the agreement do I need to pay rent (incase he lets me stay for 2 months without harrassment) at new rate only or at the old rate?

Thanking you

Amit

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register