LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anony mous (NA)     12 April 2013

Validity of digital photos in court

My colleague wants to hire a detective to spy on his wife. This after, he snooped on her email id and got suspicion. I advised him to consult a lawyer as whether snooping email could attract punishment under IT Act.  In the past I also have read few things in newspaper that, digital photo or video is considered as foolproof evidence in courts as, it can be tampered with.   Since most detectives use only spycam, which is a digital device, I doubt whether it would be accepted.  Further, the said device also cannot be submitted in court.  I asked him to meet an advocate

Pl let me know whether digital photos submitted without the original device is admissible. Can the wife file complaint against my friend for snooping email or photographing her in public place?  Can she file of mental cruelty against him?

Learning

2 Replies

Anony mous (NA)     12 April 2013

Typo error - Pl substitute this sentence in the above statement accordingly

I also have read few things in newspaper that, digital photo or video is not considered as foolproof evidence in courts as, it can be tampered with.

Ranee....... (NA)     12 April 2013

Forensic Science can prove whether it is tampered or not!Go through Indian Evidence Act

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register