Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Praveen (SSE)     23 December 2012

Vallidity of a cheque provided by the court

Hi,

My father passed away in 1996. In 1998, my mother sold a land which is in my father's name. At that time, i was a minor. So a particular amount got deposited in the court for me and it will be given to me once i got majority. Now i got majority and got the cheque(by december 20th 2012). But i was asked to encash the amount before December 31st 2012 Is there any specific reason for this? The cheque is given is as  The Agent, State Bank of India. But am having account in HDFC. So am not sure whether the cheque will be encashed within this 10 days What will happen if the cheque did not get encashed before Dec 31st 2012. Kindly help me. Thanks!

Learning

1 Replies

rahul (director)     23 December 2012

10 days is too much,,,  normally ch get encashed in 2 days, doesnt matter which  bank is cheque issing bank and which bank is drawer. like in your case, you are deposting SBI ch in HDFC, thats perfectly alright.

normally all Govt a/c keeps in SBI.

second point :

you must got you money with interest  as 16 year is very long time and you must got your amount multiple,

whenever amount deposted in court.  court make it FD and keep in renewing as per deposit tenour,

check all these and enjoy you money after 16 years with a huge interest.

which city you are from.. and now you are left your minority bihend and you must all these simple things.

and I still dont understand why they told you to encash before 31 Dec ,, 2012,, whereas ch validity is 3 month. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register