Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

tanmay (project manager)     24 March 2012

When govt will declare "new divorce law"?

friends, when this new divorcelaw willbe implemented??? i mean to ask, now cabinet approves this bill, then what next???as i need 6 months waive off

Learning

6 Replies

Manav Kalia (Arguing my own cases..)     24 March 2012

Next the bill needs to be poised in parliament..

(Guest)

Mirage, According to you how much time will it take for this bill to be implemented?

Manav Kalia (Arguing my own cases..)     26 March 2012

No idea.. @ rahul, I am not in parliament

DEFENSE ADVOCATE.-firmaction@g (POWER OF DEFENSE IS IMMENSE )     26 March 2012

If MPs agree to pass it , the law will come in force in short time otherwise it will to select committe and may see the light of day before next parliament.

aditya (Owner)     26 March 2012

It will get passed withing 6 months or so...I don't think there will be any opposition to this ammendments as Congress has mejority in loksabha....Only in Rajyasabha is problem...but i dont think there will be opposition to this ammendments because it has a womencentric facade...and no one wants to loose there votes in 2014 by opposing this bill...

I am not a law student but still I want to put forward my view that...though it is a womencentric law...Men are going to be biggest benificiaries of this law....because what most of men wants after 498A and DV is divorce... So after this divorce is going to be musch more easier than previous grounds like cruelty or desertion....

About the property part...I guess it is better than Extortion which is happening due to DV and 498A...I guess those womens who are getting maintenace due to DV or 125CRPS can't deny this IRBM grounds used by their husbonds...

kumar101 (clerk)     26 March 2012

@aditya

How are men going to deal with 498a filed on them if women gets divorce and is off the hook

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register