Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Netaji   22 November 2015

Wife abandoned matrimonial home

Hi.

I married in Feb'15 as a love cum arranged marriage with the blessings of both the families. Enagegement and marriage both took place at my native place and not at spouse's location.

Before marriage, we were engaged since Jan'13. From Sept 15, spouse mom and bro requested to accompany me in the 2 BHK I rented for settling with wife after marriage. I allowed and them to stay in the same house. Spouse promised to arrange for them after marriage but once married, she backed out on her promise.

Her mom and bro continued to stay in the same home forcefully which created differences b/w me and my wife. My wife in mean time got employment and chose to work for night shift since April'15. This added to my woes as I worked day shift. She did not care to join a job for day shift and all this lead to quarrel at home. The prime topic of quarrel used to be her mom's interference in my family life. She did not solve this issue but went to to say that her mom and bro has the right to stay with her in the same home. 

Finally not being able to cope up with the growing complexities in family, I raised my concern in front of her and her family members and aln of them threatened me telling that I am torturing my wife mentally. In fact I was being tortured each day in my home with growing interference of wife's mothet in my day to day life. 

In b/w my wife did not contribute even a single rupee in the home maintenance and insted gave al her salary (18K p.m.) t her mom forcefully saying that she has to suport her bro and mom. On the other hand, I was a freelancer working from offie location and getting monthly emolument of around 14.5K to 15K p.m. This was not sufficient to manage home with 2 additional members. So had to borrow from my parents to meet the expenses each month.

One fine day I informed her that as per promise before marriage to arrange for her bro and mom, she should arrange for them. But she said that if they have to leave this home, she can also leave the home and stay with them. And since Aug'15 she has abandned me. Tried several times to compromise and get her back with alas!

I want to know whether I can seek divorce based on suh cruelty of my wife? If yes, what's the procedure?

Learning

1 Replies

Netaji   22 November 2015

There is slight mistake in my message. Since Please read Sept'15 as Sept'14

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register