Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

jitendraku (CA)     10 December 2015

Wife's job details

Please advise me on the following,

1. I filed RCR against my wife u/s 9 HMA. My wife replied with an application u/s 24 HMA. She was given an interim maintenance of 4000 Rupee per month.

2. My wife was working with a private chartard accountant firm prior to the marriage and left the job two months post marriage.

3. Can someone tell me in what way do I obtain wife's working/salary details with that firm since that firm does not fall under the ambit of the RTI act?

(If I approach the firm in-person, the firm would simply deny me the details. Moving an application through police is / is not (?) an option?????)

Please suggest.

Jitu

Learning

4 Replies

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     11 December 2015

If she is a qualified woman capable of earning for herself U need not pay maintenance.Her former employment prior to marriage is not valid now.Prove that she is qualified to earn for herself.There are many judgements of different HC's and also a ruling by the SC,that a qualified wife cannot sit at home and claim maintenance from husband.

saravanan s (legal advisor)     11 December 2015

If your wife is working now you can file a modification petition and can add your wife employer as a party so the court can summon the em

saravanan s (legal advisor)     11 December 2015

If your wife is working now you can file a modification petition and can add your wife employer as a party so the court can summon the employr to produce the salary details of your wife

Born Fighter (xxx)     12 December 2015

Former employment is a solid ground to prove capability of a person to get reemployed to earn, if wife can seek a job and earn before marriage then she can do so even now unless there is any medical issues or anyother justifiable reasons . Wifes former employment + her educational qualifications will both help to reject/reduce maintenance to a capable wife who is staying idle to claim maintenance from husband.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register