Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

cryptic_79 (Software Professional)     26 November 2014

Wife wants to come back after huge alimony refused

Hi All,

My wife's lawyer is saying pay 1crore to wife otherwise divorce not possible and accept her back. Actually she is the one who has left me twice and wants to now get a big chunk of money from me. After we refused ,she is saying my husband is not calling me and she wants to join me. We know for sure that she actually does not want to live with me. I am based in the UK. I guess she knows i would not want to live with her and neither does she, but hoping that if i refuse her to come back ,she can file a case of desertion and cruelty under 498a and extract a big sum of money from me.

Please can you advise how to best deal with this situation. I suspect she might also try to file false DV case once she rejoins.

Any help would be great.

Thanks.

Learning

3 Replies

Born Fighter (xxx)     28 November 2014

Firstly are you capable of paying 1Cr ? If yes then your lovely wife is looking for safe exit. If not then question is where will you get the money from and here you should give her benefit of doubt  (ofcourse based on merits of relation ) that she does want to come back. However any legal extortion of money SHOULD BE STRICTLY REFUSED AND FOUGHT BACK

Is your marriage so complicated now that you do not want to give her a second chance. 

If you want to play safe ask her to address her concerns and reason for coming back in proper forum , may be in writing if she agrees (or record it ), touch upon dowry demands (she will honestly say the facts, which will go in your favour later ) and if she seems to have changed then take her back, give her one chance.

Divorce is time, energy, money consuming...you will waste 5-6yrs of your time contesting in court. If taking her back is still possible then think about it.

cryptic_79 (Software Professional)     28 November 2014

Hi Born fighter, Thanks for your response. She knows very well i wont be able to pay her 1 crore.  I think these are just pressure tactics which are usually adopted to scare the opposite party and extract maximum money from them.  I do not want to give her a second chance as i know for sure she does not want to stay with me and she has admitted this during our talks.I believe she has been advised  to say that she does not want a breakup and demand huge money.

Here is what i have thought. If she says she wants to come back let her file RCR . I will fight the RCR on merits .

SuperHero (Manager)     06 December 2015

Originally posted by : cryptic_79

Hi All,

My wife's lawyer is saying pay 1crore to wife otherwise divorce not possible and accept her back. Actually she is the one who has left me twice and wants to now get a big chunk of money from me. After we refused ,she is saying my husband is not calling me and she wants to join me. We know for sure that she actually does not want to live with me. I am based in the UK. I guess she knows i would not want to live with her and neither does she, but hoping that if i refuse her to come back ,she can file a case of desertion and cruelty under 498a and extract a big sum of money from me.

Please can you advise how to best deal with this situation. I suspect she might also try to file false DV case once she rejoins.

Any help would be great.

Thanks.

This is the tactics of the Lawyer and Wife... Delay the case as long as possible.

If she wants to file DV.. let her file DV or 498a and then you fight back..

I don't think she will file DV or 498a because she knows it will take Years to roam around courts.

Wish You Good Luck!!!

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register