LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sridhevi (education)     06 May 2024

Criminal case cross

my father purchased land in 2007 in Telangana but vendor had shown at wrong boundaries, and he constructed house in actual plot .My father applied for FLine of plot before 12 years and in 2019 we came to know about this cheating. 

my mother is illiterate. I had written complaint  and she had signed in  criminal complaint in 2019

Yesterday she had given  witness. she had said what had happened and what is in police complaint when PP asked but when accused advocate cross examined about what is written by showing police complaint paper and using terminology like exhibit P1 and just saying complaint but without saying specifically "police complaint", my mother said that she unable to remember. FOr question "Do you remember contents of P1" she said that I unable to remember. we had marked 30 documents and she not thought that accused advocate asking about "police complaint"

can you please let me procedure how to request court to again do cross examination 

Learning

4 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     06 May 2024

There is nothing wrong in her reply to the questions asked by the advocate appearing for accused.

If she does not remembers what has been written in a document four years ago, then it is not fatal to your case.

These are petty issues which can be enquired locally

P. Venu (Advocate)     06 May 2024

It is for the PP to care of such issues during cross examination.

Sridhevi (education)     07 May 2024

thansk for your reply sir

pp saying we will loose the case since complainant said she not known contents of petition. is this the case?

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     08 May 2024

The PP is not the deciding authority.

You can wait for the court's decision and if you are aggrieved by the decision you have rights to prefer an appeal against the judgement.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register