LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Nanda Gopal   12 February 2024

Dispute with house builder

In my hometown, I recently paid 60 lakhs for a single-family home. The builder said he was the point of contact and promised to build a high-quality home. We also asked him to please give us the land so we could purchase it and build our house later on once we had the funds. He declined, though, and continued to talk about his qualities and constructions. So far, we have paid fifty lakhs. My grandmother's death prevented us from moving in. We recently visited our home and noticed that, after a year, there were cracks in the walls and termites on the main door. I am having an argument with the builder, saying, "I will not pay you the amount because you did not construct my house well," but he will not listen. He is also harassing me in front of my friends and family and consulting policies in order to obtain his money. Even though he failed to provide the necessary paperwork, I personally went to multiple officers and was able to obtain a home loan for my residence. I am the registered owner of the house/property. Or pay the rest amount with intrest.

Can I join the house now ? What if he approaches legally? And what are the favorable terms for me?

Agreement details: 

In the agreement he mentioned we need not to consult any any court on this matter. 

After paying the whole amount party A(Me ) need to take the keys of house from the Party B(Builder)

Single sided in favor of Builder but we have solid proofs 

He didn't

mentioned the construction details in the agreement(such as how much cement he uses, what quality he usees, how much sand he uses?. & soon) is not mentioned in the agreement.

Learning

2 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     12 February 2024

You may consult and discuss at length with a local advocate and take his suggestions to proceed legally against the builder. 

Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate )     12 February 2024

Show relevant agreement with builder to a local prudent lawyer for proper analyses and professional advise.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register