Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Salam (Programmer)     30 November 2023

Joining bonus clause legal clarification

Hello,

I need a legal clarification on the Joining Bonus clause of my employer. As per my offer letter, I need to repay the joining bonus if I leave the org before 18 months, exact clause below:

"You agree that you will repay this bonus in full if you leave voluntarily, or if you are terminated with cause, before 18 Months of your employment."

Now I have submit my resignation, my last working day after serving two months notice period falls on specific date which results my employment tenure to 18 months and 2 days. Are they legally allowed to recover the bonus? My assumption is that notice period should not matter in calculation of the 18 Months clause and since my employment tenure will become 18 Months and 2 Days, I'm legally not required to repay the bonus. Please clarify if my assumption correct.

Learning

3 Replies

SAM (LEGAL)     30 November 2023

You dont need to repay joining bonus as you have completed 18 months in the company and you have resigned through proper channel

Salam (Programmer)     30 November 2023

Thank you SAM. Incase they deduct it from my full and final settlement, Is there any law point where I can raise against and retreive back the amount? I'm asking about the worst case scenario if employer deducts it from the final settlement without intimating me.

SAM (LEGAL)     30 November 2023

Write a complaint letter to labour office and file online complaint in pg portal 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register