LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

adnash   31 March 2024

Personal loan issue

My grandmother was called by our neighbour inorder for "her" to get a personal loan and she wanted my grandmother to be the guarantee. They both went to the bank and my grandmother has no legal knowledge at all. She took a personal loan in grandmother's name andmy grandmother signed all the paperworks ( she was muddled through the encounter and had no idea what was actually going on ) . Later the bank officials called us because of no repayment and that's how we came to know about this matter . Is there anything we can do like sue her for fraud or something , inorder to get rid of this mess

Learning

4 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     31 March 2024

If your grandmother had no knowledge about this then what made her to go to bank and sign all the papers.

It is unbelievable that your grandmother was not knowing that it was the loan papers which she signed because the loan amount will be disbursed to your grandmother's account only and not to the account of the person who she accompanied. 

Therefore you have suppressed the vital details while asking opinion from this forum. 

You can better contact a local advocate and proceed as suggested 

Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate )     01 April 2024

Prima facie it is a hypothetical and fabricated unbelievable story

Adnash Siddik   01 April 2024

My grandmother is a illiterate rural women , he was beguiled into signing the papers , she has no proper idea what was going on . The amount was directly given to her , which the neighbour took . The loan was taken from a Vanita bank

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     01 April 2024

Therefore it is admitted that your grandmother had taken the amount from the bank, in that case there is no question of her illeteracy to grant her any amnesty neither she can claim any exemption from being prosecuted. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register