Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ratnapal Shende   05 September 2023

Retention of leaving certificate by college

Subject : Retention of original documents and Leaving Certificate by college

During the admission process for the D.Pharmacy course, all of my sister's original documents were submitted to the college, and they have been held in their custody since then. 

Now we want to pursue our higher studies. 
The college administration has informed us that they cannot release the original documents 
and the leaving certificate until the second installment of the Mahadbt scholarship is received. (delayed by government)
However, as per the Department of Social 
Justice and Special Assistance, Government decision No. EBC-2017/Q.No.403/Education-1, dated 7th August 2017
, students belonging to the Scheduled Caste category are entitled to have their tuition fees paid by the government.
retaining the original documents and not providing the leaving certificate is against UGC notifications and government policies.
Due to financial issues, it’s impossible for us to pay fees of college. Our only hope is to 
secure admission to another institute for her further studies.

we contacted to social justice department and they issued letter to college saying to give all the documents including leaving certificate as per their Rule. but college simply ignored the letter and said that still they will not give documents until your scholarship receives or pay the remaining fees by yourself.

we then contacted to university in person to which the college is affiliated with and university said it's your and social justice department matter we can't do anything about it and social justice department says they can only issue letter to college and can't do anything else.

Pleade help me to solve this issue what i can do about it no one is listening to us.

I attached all the GR regarding this matter below: 

UGC notification

Learning

2 Replies

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     05 September 2023

According to the Notification they cannot retain the Original documents, you should issue them a legal notice or simply file a writ petition in high court

Ratnapal Shende   05 September 2023

Originally posted by : Real Soul....

According to the Notification they cannot retain the Original documents, you should issue them a legal notice or simply file a writ petition in high court

ok sir i will do it but what about the educational loss, we can't take admission this year. do court will allow her to carry on in next year of the respective studies ?

i need any way so that college will give documents and we can take admission before last date .

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register