LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Manoj   03 April 2024

Sale of expired product

I purchased an ayurvedic products Arjun Amla juice from a store on 1/4/24, when went home I saw its expiry date was 31/3/2024.

When I went to the store for replacement I showed the bill and the expiry date on the product to the person in charge, he refused to replace or refund money accusing me that I have purchased expired product from some other outlet and have come to this store for replacement. 

And bluntly refused to replace or refund money.

What can I do now. What options are available with me can I file police complaint as he accused me that I am doing a wrong thing.

Learning

5 Replies

R.K Nanda (Advocate)     03 April 2024

you can file police complaint for cheating against store owner in police station in whose area that store is situated .

Mr. Sumitra kumar (Advocate)     03 April 2024

You can take resort of consumer court.

Thank you.

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     03 April 2024

Since shopkeeper sold you expired date product and refused  to replace the same so  such act of shopkeeper amounts to his unfair trade practice and for which he is liable to compensate you.File complaint before District Consumer Commission and claim not only cost of product but also compensation towards mental and physical agony. 

SRIPRAKASH BHATTACHARYA (RETIRED)     03 April 2024

Unless the cash memo reflects the batch no. , mfg. date and expiry date on the body of the memory you won't be able to do much. Suggest always to purchase medicinal products who does ethical business. 

It is true that you can move to the consumer court but you can prove from the documentary evidence about the authenticity of the particular medicine from the particular shop. Instead the dispute will continue 

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     03 April 2024

Raise the complaint to food and drugs authority of India at your district. Don't forget to submit proof of the package clearly showing expiry date.

The consumer can register the grievance with the drug controller of the state and can also approach the Drug Controlle General of India.

Additionally:

If a pharmacy has sold you expired medication, the following legal steps can be taken: Report the incident to the state board of pharmacy: Contact the state board of pharmacy in the state where the incident occurred and file a complaint. The board will investigate the incident and take appropriate action if necessary.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register